You might be wondering what a scalp detox treatment means. It’s your hair getting a fresh start and the grime from your natural hair being removed. It’s not just the dirt that will be eliminated, but also the other things that your hair care products leave on your scalp.
If dirt and muck are not removed, then it could keep your hair from having the benefits of a good hair care routine. Whenever you take time to detox your scalp, it cleanses the grease, making it stronger and healthier.
The most crucial benefit of this is that it rebalances your scalp and nourishes it again. This allows your scalp to avoid acne, scabbing, dandruff while allowing hair growth. Doing this will make you see the difference in your hair texture
How to detox your hair?
There are a lot of ways and recipes you can use to detox your hair. But three usual ingredients are used: Alove Vera Gel, Bentonite clay powder, and Apple Cider vinegar. The steps are comfortable in using these ingredients:
- Mix bentonite clay powder, aloe vera gel, apple cider vinegar together. Get ½ cup from each.
- Spread it thoroughly on your hair and scalp. Make sure everything is covered.
- Let it stay for at least 20 to 30 minutes. You can put a bathing cap on if that would be helpful.
- Afterward, wash your hair with 1 cup of white vinegar, and then allow it to stay for at least 1 to 3 minutes. Then, you can use a clarifying shampoo.
- When you’re done, you can use a shine boost rinse or a detox hair soak.
Using Apple cider vinegar hair rinse for colored hair can also be beneficial to make your hair healthier. Washing hair with vinegar and baking soda is also another simple recommendation. If you are looking to find more products, here are some recipes that you can use too.
Powerful detox recipes that work
These recipes are natural scalp cleanser:
Raw honey, water, and essential oil (optional)
Honey is a powerful tool that keeps your hair moisturized and soft. You will find out that your hair will feel and look better after using this natural ingredient.
Baking Soda and warm water
For sure, you have baking soda at home. Who knew this could also work well with your scalp? When you use warm water, it lifts your hair cuticles, making it easier to use a product that would do some cleaning action in your scalp. On the other hand, baking soda is used to remove dandruff and oil. It also helps in eliminating buildup from your scalp and hair shaft. Baking soda shampoo for hair loss is something that people ask about. But baking soda is excellent for detoxifying the scalp.
Sea salt and shampoo
Mix sea salt and shampoo until you get a good lather. Afterward, wash your hair with cold water. You might ask what sea salt does. It’s beneficial because it removes the dead skin cells and then cleanses your hair from the product buildup you’ve used before.
Coconut Milk shampoo
Here, you will need coconut milk, castile soap, vitamin E oil, and essential oil if you prefer. Why is this effective? Because the mixture has high levels of protein and antioxidants. Using castile soap can serve as an effective cleanser removing product buildup. Switching to a more natural shampoo would transform your hair.
Lemon and Cucumber
If you have an oily scalp, then this is the best recipe to use. The citric acid in the lemon can purify your scalp, while cucumber helps in soothing it. This also removes dandruff, grease and helps in fostering healthy hair growth.
Coconut Milk and Aloe Vera
One can of coconut milk mixed with 1 ¾ cups of Aloe Vera gel helps balance out the pH of your scalp, removing dirt and product buildup.
Cinnamon and Baking Soda
These two ingredients contain high antioxidants that prevent hair damage, keeping it healthy while removing grease and oil from your scalp.
You might read here a lot of “scalp buildup” and wonder what it is
What is Scalp Buildup
When sebum, an oily secretion, gathers together with sweat, dead skin cells on the scalp and hair products. The symptoms can be similar to eczema and psoriasis that can lead to flakes appearing in your scalp and hair.
Other effects could be:
- Oily Skin
Scalp Buildup can happen because of several reasons. It could be because of the products you use or natural substances. When these substances become stuck on your scalp, it builds up over time that ends up as becoming flakes.
|Products can be:
||Natural substances can come in the form of:
How to get rid of hair buildup home remedies
There are treatments and home remedies available and can use to prevent and get rid of scalp buildup. But here are some other ways that you can do daily to remove
- Find the right shampoo and conditioner for you. You’ll know it’s the right product when it works well with your hair type and doesn’t cause you to have dandruff.
- Washing of hair every day. It’s recommended to wash daily, especially for oily hair, and every other day for those with dry
- Comb or brush your hair regularly to avoid tangled hair and break buildup.
- Using an exfoliator on your scalp so that it will break the buildup.
How to Get Rid of Scalp Buildup at home
You can follow this Scalp Buildup treatment at home for deep cleaning.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly: Wash your hair with water first. Use your fingers to massage your scalp and finger-comb your hair while you’re rinsing so that you’re able to remove product buildup and grease.
- Use oil on your scalp: You can also use oil to remove buildup on your scalp and roots. You can use tea tree oil if you’re not yet sure what to use.
- Apply shampoo. Use shampoo to remove any excess oil.
- Use conditioner. Conditioners are suitable for your hair and make it healthier. You can also opt to use a hair mask.
5 Ways To Make Your Hair Detox Game Strong
- Choose the right comb or brush for your hair – You can try to buy some wide-toothed combs and a scalp scrubber to benefit your hair roots as well. You can also choose to apply oil before your shampoo too. This helps in avoiding damage that is from drying processes. When you are about to shower, you can use a scalp scrubber also. You can massage the scalp in a circular motion to avoid buildup too, rinse out, and then apply conditioner.
- Avoid using processing, heat, and chemicals – Hair damage comes from using a lot of hair equipment like blow-dry or hair iron. Other things that could damage your hair are: using products that have sodium Lauretha sulfate, dyeing hair, using bleaching and coloring, or even using styling irons.
- Use Hair Butters – There are many brands you can use, but hair butter is a mixture of butter and oil. They can act as a moisturizer and protectant so that your hair doesn’t get too much damage.
- Using Natural Oil – Oils is vital because it keeps our hair shiny and vibrant. The oil enhances lubrication and counteracts hair breakage, plus it’s able to lessen friction.
- Choosing the right shampoo – Know your hair type. Knowing will help you decide the best product for you so that you’ll receive the best possible softness and shine. You can also use clarifying shampoo because it can remove the buildup that’s from styling residue.
Detox Hair Shampoo to Try
There are many products out there for the best hair follicle detox shampoo, but here are some suggestions you can try.
- Live Clean Apple Cider Detox Shampoo – This product is 98% plant-based and also vegan. Its pros are: it’s for all hair types, it will moisturize your hair, and gentle on your hair.
- TRESemme Expert Selection Shampoo – This shampoo is formulated with purifying properties. It has a beautiful fragrance that’s fused with jasmine and ginger. This also balances scalp oils.
- Sun Bum Revitalizing Detox Shampoo – This shampoo works gently and removes any impurities from the hair. This one is vegan and doesn’t have sulfates, dyes, parabens, or any other harmful chemicals.
- Phytodetox Clarifying Detox Shampoo – This is an anti-pollution product. It contains burdock extracts and eucalyptus. It also has chamomile that’s rich in antioxidants. It’s vegan and improves blood circulation.
- Nothing But Clarifying Shampoo – This shampoo removes residue, buildup, and excess oil from the hair follicles and leaves it clean. This can also be used for colored hair and also has a non-irritating formula.
Does Hair Detox will you pass a drug test?
Many people are asking what and how to pass a hair follicle drug test home remedies or if hair detox would make you pass a drug test. However, the answer to this question is inconclusive and depends on the drug you’re being tested for. Some people get different results. So if you intend to pass a drug test, the best thing to do is not to use it. On the other hand, if you are curious about how to pass a hair follicle test for cps, what you can do is to use vinegar on your scalp for detoxification. You can do this three times a day before the drug test.